Friday, July 25, 2008

A Few Words of Introduction

Welcome to Just in Time Publishing! Why JITP? Well, that's the name my business will have if I ever get around to really HAVING a business. It seems that for my whole life, all of the writing assignments I've had to do have been completed on a "just-in-time" basis. Homework in grade school, reports in highschool, and papers, reports, and studying in college - all completed just in time! During the 13 years I spent as an envronmental geologist in the consulting industry, the same was true again - just in time proposal, projects, and letters.

Then I found God, and got active in ministry at my church. Guess what? More just in time writing projects! I even changes jobs - from senior geologist to church secretary (maybe I'll talk about that more another time). And still the bulletins and newsletters that I'm responsibile a rarely other than just-in-time documents. A couple of years ago, I started responding to a call from God to preach. I preach irregularly, and usually with weeks or months of lead time. And yet... Just-in-Time Publishing remains my style in spite of years of good intenntions to do otherwise.

So what you'll hear is me, probably at the last minute, publishing bits and pieces on things that catch my attention. I'm not sure whether I'll have any particular focus. We'll see where this goes together - and just in time...

No comments: